What was I thinking?

Beware: This is incredibly boring. I started writing it about 2 weeks ago, so I dated it for when I wrote it. Yeah, that's how much time I get to actually write.

The lady who has a hard enough time wiping asses, cleaning up after children (and husband), and just maintaining a household in general..has decided to start watching kids in her home. I'm the lady. Today, I'm the lady with 7 kids all by myself. Those of you that choose to birth this many..baffle me. I wake up at 5 am, I take my medicines and go back to sleep for 15 minutes, I then get up and shower. At about 5:45, I get dressed and start straightening the house back up plus sweep..I do this the night before, but it's always necessary again in the mornings. At 6:05ish, I make my kids and the early birds breakfast. The samurai is usually up by now and destroying my hard work. At 6:25 am, I take a deep breath, say a prayer to ask God to help me keep my sanity throughout the day, and then...I open the door. Shortly, lots of little feet are clonking around my den. Sugar gets up, I get her ready for school, and then, my neighbor-whom watches the kids with me (but is in hospital sick this week)-shows up and one of us runs my kids and hers to school.

We do breakfast, ass wiping, story time, outside play, snack, sneak into the liquor cabinet, activity time, quiet time, lunch, wipe an ass, nap, pull my hair out, more outside time, wipe ass, free play, and clean-up. Seriously, the amount of times I hear, "I'm through!!" from the bathroom..from ONE CHILD in particular...is ridic. As much as he shits, you'd think he could wipe himself by now. Another child is only here for 7hrs a week (2 days, 3.5ish hours each day), but I swear, it's the only time he poops. It's the "bring a trash can to the changing area because you might puke" type. Shoot me. He's just not a nice..or cute.. kid either, so I think it makes it worse. Kids are like any other person: attractiveness can totally depend on personality. A not so cute kids can be adorable with the right attitude. Let's face it, not all kids are cute. They just aren't. I keep one (or two) of those kids.

By 6pm, most kids are gone and it's time to really cleanup. I have to do the dishes, cook dinner, sweep, mop, vacuum, clean up the table, do the dinner dishes, and sanitize. Before I know it, it is 8:30. Kids go to bed, I get Gracey's stuff ready for school, wash some clothes for the next day, cry, then pass out. Wake up at 5 am and start all over.

I don't usually have 7 kids. In fact, after this week is over, I'll only have 3 full time kids and one part time. Right now, school is out for Fall Break and I have a little boy who has only needed care for the last month. I kept him until 7:30 in the evening. Whew. Wears me out just thinking about doing it. That little boy is WILD and I hate to say it, but I won't cry when he leaves. I can't handle this many on a daily basis. I don't know how long this lack of sleep can last, but it's wearing on me. I promise to blog more, but it's sleep or blog during nap time and sleep is usually the winner. Now, I must go. A kid needs wiping. Awesome!

2 Response to What was I thinking?

October 21, 2011 at 7:36 AM

I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!!! I started a home daycare in my home and some days I think that I may starting drinking at noon. It all seemed like a great idea at the time, but really what was I thinking? It is pretty amazing that now I am so excited for 12:30 Barney time I am pretty sure that I love that purple dinosaur more then the kids do, because it is quiet for 30 minutes. Good luck!

October 27, 2011 at 6:27 AM

I hope they're paying you well!!!!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009
Undomesticated Housewife
All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Blogspot Templates Theme By- WooThemes