Turning scented candles into wax tarts/wax melts...

My blog really has no single specific focus anymore, so just thought I'd share what I've been doing lately: Turning my old, broken candles..or just candles that smell good and would smell better in a wax warmer..into wax tarts. Sorry, I have nothing funny or witty to share tonight. Maybe tomorrow will be a more humorous day.. we'll see.




Things you need: Candle with wick removed, clean soup can, mini muffin pan, pot with about 1.5-2inches of water--boiling. 

Place candle inside of cleaned can. Also, after placing inside, pinch the sides of the can lip to make a spout.


 Place can in the boiling water. DO NOT LEAVE UNATTENDED. Depending on the amount of water in the can, it may move around in the pot.

Once wax is melted, pour into the mini muffin pan. How much you fill it up should depend on how much you wax warmer will hold.


If you are impatient like I am and want your wax to easily come out of the pan, place the pan in the freezer. Allow wax to completely harden in freezer.


Once the wax is completely hardened, turn muffin pan over onto flat surface.


I couldnt get a good picture of this step, but to easily remove the wax, strike the back of each mold with.. something. I used a pair of pliers I had nearby.


This is what you should get..perfect little wax tarts!



 Label a ziplock baggy to store them in. These are the Orange Clove tarts I just finished and some Blueberry Cobbler tarts that I made yesterday. One of my favorite Blueberry Cobbler candles had broken, and that is what inspired me to make these!

Place your wax tart in warmer and ENJOY! 

Your welcome. 


I originally found these directions here:
I just used scented candles, obviously.










3 Response to Turning scented candles into wax tarts/wax melts...

August 28, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Nice idea! I'll have to try that out.

Anonymous
August 31, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Hey, you stated in a much more direct way what I was trying to communicate, thanks, I will recommend your site to my friends.

My site:
cout rachat credit www.rachatdecredit.net

Anonymous
November 30, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Doing this now....Wish me luck!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009
Undomesticated Housewife
All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Blogspot Templates Theme By- WooThemes