Not now, Mommy is hungover..

I never actually said it, but I felt like saying it. I don't know what happened to me when I popped the kids out, but something definitely happened to my tolerance. Mama can't hang!

Saturday night, we went to a little girl's birthday party across the street. It was a byob, so..we did. If you are wondering why there was alcohol at a child's party, well..you have obviously not been to enough children's parties. I drank my beer and had a great time laughing and cutting up. Everything was going great! I wasn't even feeling all that buzzed and was proud of myself for holding my alcohol so well.






For some reason, after the children were sound asleep, the neighbor and I decided to start taking shots of vodka. My husband was there and sober enough to care for children should they need to be taken care of (he just likes to get me drunk & take advantage of me later)..no worries. Three shots later, I'm on the swing passing out! I'm practically drooling on myself as the neighbor and my husband just sit and chat it up! I remember hearing them, but not being able to respond. Amazingly, 45 minutes later, I wake up perfectly fine..like nothing ever happened! I was still buzzed, but fine.






I partied the rest of the night away and then...I. Woke. Up. Holy headache. The nausea, the spinning, the jittery feeling I just can't shake...it was all too much when 8 am crept around and little feet started pitter pattering through the kitchen and into my room. Shoot me. This is no good. What was I thinking?? Vodka?!? Why can't the kids feed themselves? Why is the room spinning? Why are they so whiney today? Please stop fighting! Please let go of me for just a second, I'm already spinning. Stop touching your sister! Oh, come on! I just fed you! You need a drink, TOO?!? Pleeaasseee! Oh my GOD, what have I done?? I am only 25! Not 45! What HAPPENED to me? Get out of the bathroom before I puke on you!!

To top off my morning, my neighbor sends me a text to ask how I'm feeling. I respond, letting her know that I feel like SHIT. She tells me that SHE has already been up, out of the house, and even exercised. I can't repeat my response. It was (half-jokingly) ugly.

6 Response to Not now, Mommy is hungover..

August 29, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Need more :)

August 29, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Need more. :)Need more. :)

Anonymous
September 1, 2011 at 7:53 AM

You pretty much said what i could not effectively communicate. +1

My blog:
taux rachat credit www.rachatdecredit.net

September 2, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I love your candidness. It drives me friggin' INSANE when moms refuse to act normal. (And yes, I just equated waking up hungover to being normal. Whatever.) Thanks for keeping it real. I'm now following you! (You can check me out at naptimeisthenewhappyhour.blogspot.com/) :)

September 2, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I love your candidness. Thanks for keeping it real. I wish more moms did, that's for sure.

I'm now following you! You can find me at naptimeisthenewhappyhour.blogspot.com/

September 27, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Oh Lordy! I had a similar situation not long ago and now I know what, "Beer before liquor never been sicker means"!!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009
Undomesticated Housewife
All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Blogspot Templates Theme By- WooThemes