Satire:


sat·ire   [sat-ahyuhr]
noun
1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
2. a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
3. a literary genre comprising such compositions.

Please keep in mind, many of my posts are sarcastic. I do not actually think parents who harness are sick people. My children had Elmo and a monkey harness. I travel alone frequently and have 2 children very close in age. There was no way I could have survived without them. I can't carry 2 children, I couldn't fit my double stroller in the trunk with my luggage, and depending on 2 toddlers to hold my hands at all times..is unrealistic. I AM the mom who cares about "petty" things like safety and security over looks and others' opinions. Go ahead, give me a nasty look. I'll just tell my children to start barking at you and have the boy come piss on your leg. ;-)

I can't believe my sarcasm was taken so seriously by so many. Maybe I'll start using the sarcasm/  and  /sarcasm tags.

Edited to add: I was not directing my post towards everyone who  dislikes harnessing for whatever reason, just those who judge other moms for using them and claim we are treating our children like dogs.

6 Response to Satire:

September 2, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Just found you through your post on Bloggy Moms. I loved your Harness post!! My kid hated them viciously though and I have one particularly bad memory of me dragging my exhausted toddler out of the aquarium in her harness (with a baby in a wrap), and me practically strangling the kid as I was furiously pulling her through the parking lot. Can you say "Mom Fail?" (The people pointing sure could!) Even still, I'm so on board with the harness issue. Do you know how quickly my now 3.5 year old can disappear? About 3.5 seconds! *Fyi, I don't remember how, but something had screwed up with the harness so it wasn't attached properly, but I didn't know!

Anonymous
September 2, 2011 at 10:30 PM

I personally couldn't use a harness because my daughter would throw herself in the floor and I would just end up dragging her along screaming at her to get up. Loved your post though! I've become a daily visitor... since yesterday. lol

September 5, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Holy shit we are obviously soul mates.

I once wrote a post regarding ridiculous baby products. It was dripping- straight oozing - sarcasm. On the list was included the "toddler toothbrush," about which I said "dude. don't worry about it. they're gonna fall out anyway."

And good Lord did I get some backlash (when it was published on another blog - my readers/"peeps" get me and therefore knew I was totally and completely full of shit, as usual).

Anyway, then I had to write ANOTHER post entitled "this is my serious face" in which I explain what sarcasm is. It was all very special.

Found you on Bloggy Moms. Won't be leaving soon. Cheers.

September 5, 2011 at 1:00 PM

@renegademothering Bahahahaha! That is awesome! You should have seen the comments I got on Facebook! I got full 800 page essays on why I was wrong about parents who harness being bad people. I also got many, "I totally feel the same way! Those parents are sick and treat their kids like dogs!" comments. Umm..I didn't even know how to respond to those. Coming to follow back!

September 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

My parents had to use a harness with my sister ~ the moment youlet go of her hand she was gone.

Fast forward some forty years.... She is now a pediatrician.

while of course my parenting choices are perfect I don't understand why other people feel the need/right to share their erroneous ways with me??

Anonymous
September 24, 2011 at 11:33 PM

I’d need to analyze with you right here. That is not something I generally do! I get enjoyment in looking at a article that will make individuals assume. Moreover, many thanks for permitting me to comment!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009
Undomesticated Housewife
All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Blogspot Templates Theme By- WooThemes